Shock and grief takes over when a dear one passes away. Even before the feeling of dismay wears away, relatives and dear ones have to start preparations for the funeral. This next step is especially difficult because no one is ever prepared for such a situation. Thanks to funeral homes, there are now service providers who look over all funeral arrangements.
A Funeral Home, also known as a mortuary or funeral parlor or, is a business designed to take care of the deceased’s needs. This includes everything from memorial services to burials.
The purpose of a funeral is to celebrate life of the one who passed away. It is very important to consider the deceased’s wishes and also make sure that the arrangement provides comfort to friends and family. Choose a funeral home with a long experience of supporting families in mourning of all backgrounds and traditions. This will help you plan the right type of funeral.
The most difficult task is to find the funeral home’s location. The organizers take of the rest. They provide advice and help. Even though this is not the most cost-effective approach, this is the easiest way to plan a funeral. You can simply communicate your preferences and wishes, and allow the professionals to take care of the event while you mourn for your loved one.
Funeral homes offer a wide range of services, and you are not obligated to employ all of their services. If they provide expensive caskets and you prefer something cheaper, you can simply order that. Even if they insist you to provide a five-course meal for the guests, you can gently suggest otherwise. Do not feel pressured to purchase items or services that are not needed.
Some of the services that these companies provide have been listed below:
- Funeral Pre-planning: Individuals often decide to plan and pay for their funerals in advance. This ensures 2 things: makes it easier for surviving friends and family, and also ensure that the funeral is, as he wants it to be.
- Preparation of Document: Death certificates, social security forms, and other documents have to be prepared after death of a person. The Funeral Director from the company will not only provide a list of what documents are needed but also handle most of the work.
- Organize the Funeral Ceremony: It is not necessary to hold the memorial service at a place of worship or funeral service. You may choose to organize it at a park, garden, cemetery or at home. The funeral home will help you decide. It will also arrange the event.
- Provides Merchandise: You can buy merchandise such as caskets, urns, burial vaults, keepsakes, and monuments.
- Cremation Services: Cremation usually take place is crematoriums but the funeral home can make all the arrangements.
- Prepare of the Body: You can choose whether you one your loved one’s body to be embalmed, the funeral home can do that. They will also help you select a suitable outfit for the deceased.
- Provides Transportation: The Company will provide transportation for the dead body.
- Help you Write an Obituary: The funeral home can help you collect information needed to an obituary. They will gather information such as place of birth, age, occupation, etc. They also provide interesting information such as affiliations, educational achievements and hobbies. You can write the articles yourself, or ask the funeral director to write is for you.
- Provide Grief Support: Most funeral homes understand that families need support even after the funeral. They offer a list of services to help the surviving members.